Thursday 20th April 2017
Big Hand Event
Symposium on ‘Truth or Dare’
The Big Hand Event will start this in April and subsequently take place every year. The philosophy is to cover the latest developments in hand surgery and hand therapy. The formula is unique because different input will be given from the perspective of plastic (hand) surgery, orthopedic surgery, trauma surgery, rehabilitation medicine and hand therapy.
For this year’s meeting 20 April 2017, a number of internationally renowned presenters will speak on ‘what is evidence based in hand-tendon, joint, ligament, nerve surgery and hand therapy’. This first meeting will be held the day after the inaugural ceremony of professor Henk Coert.
The language will be English all day
- Fact and fiction in flexor tendon surgery – Prof. Peter Amadio
- Sensation in the hand: Do we know what we are actually testing? – Prof. Lee Dellon
- Truth or dare in the treatment of thumb base arthritis – Dr. Tyson Cobb
- The distal radio-ulnar joint: what have we learned from its complex anatomy? – Dr. Jan-Ragnar Haugstvedt
- Ligament injuries in the wrist: Do we need repair them all? – Prof. Steven Moran
see full program and time table here
The Big Hand Event was initiated by 5 dedicated hand-wrist-arm specialists:
Prof J. Henk Coert – plastic surgery
Dr Joost W. Colaris – orthopedic surgery
Dr Niels Schep – trauma surgery
Dr Peter Hoogvliet – rehabilitation medicine
Dr Ton A.R. Schreuders – hand therapy
– This event will take place in the city of Utrecht – Jaarbeurs: https://www.jaarbeurs.nl/en
– Information about Hotels and other interesting things in Utrecht: http://www.visit-utrecht.com/plan-your-trip/tourist-information-centre
– Travelling by plane is easiest to Schiphol airport Amsterdam from were you can take a half our train ride to Utrecht Central station. Check https://www.schiphol.nl/en/
Registration >>> click here (note for English speaking participants, this registration website is in Dutch, if that causes problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org )
– For all medical specialisms via GAIA
– For Dutch therapists:
Fysiotherapeuten; KNGF Accreditatie ID 25492 6 punten.
Kwaliteits Keurmerk Fysiotherapie in aanvraag.
Ergotherapeuten; Accreditatie in behandeling door ADAP (ergotherapie) ID nr 281048.